Trash / Garbage Collection Services Resume Thursday, September 29, 2022
Customers should refrain from placing items curbside before winds subside
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (September 28, 2022) —The City of West Palm Beach Sanitation Division will resume solid waste collection of commercial, residential, recycling, yard, and bulk waste Thursday, September 29, 2022. Customers should refrain from placing items curbside before winds subside. West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County remain under a Tropical Storm Warning until further notice and a Flood Watch until Thursday, September 29, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts. For residential garbage customers with scheduled pickup today, collections will resume on the NEXT scheduled service day. For commercial and bulk/yard customers, sanitation routes will run on a one-day delay.
FOLLOWING A STORM
- Keep household garbage, recycling, vegetation, and storm debris separate.
- Securely bag all household garbage in plastic bags, place it in your garbage cart and put it at the curb on your scheduled collection day.
- Do not place debris near or on a fence, mailbox, power line equipment, fire hydrants, poles, transformers, downed wires, water meters, or storm drains.
- The city does not reimburse residents or home-owner associations that hire a private contractor to remove and dispose of storm-related debris.
- For up-to-date information regarding Sanitation services, visit our website at wpb.org/stormtrash, monitor local radio stations, or watch City of WPB Channel 18
For questions about your trash/garbage service, please call: (561) 822-2075 (TTY: 800-955-8771), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. For information about the City of West Palm Beach, please visit: https://www.wpb.org/home
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/2980/772?npage=6