Sunday on the Waterfront to Feature Holiday-Inspired Tropical Island Spectacular
WHO: Residents and visitors of all ages
Sandi, the world’s only 35-foot-tall, 700-ton holiday sand tree
Ferris powered by Land Rover Palm Beach, a 65-foot Ferris wheel
WHAT: As part of the City of West Palm Beach’s Holiday in Paradise presented by FPL, a FREE holiday-inspired Sunday on the Waterfront will take place this weekend. The Aloha Islanders will perform unique and high-energy Polynesian entertainment with the extraordinary lights of Sandi and Ferris in view.
Aloha Islanders provide a tropical holiday touch to this month’s Sunday on the Waterfront.
- Interactive and appropriate for all ages, the show will be one to dance along with while admiring the nearby lights of Sandi and Ferris.
- Residents and visitors can enjoy an authentic Polynesian performance without having to book an international flight.
- The performance by Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan, and New Zealander dancers will include talented hula dancing and daring fire performances.
- The group’s tropical holiday spectacular and Sandi’s Annual Conch Blowing Contest will be held on the NewDay USA Stage.
- Sandi, the star of Holiday in Paradise presented by FPL, will play synchronized music and light shows from 7-10 p.m.
- Ferris wheel rides will be available per the regular schedule from 6-10 p.m. Guests can experience the magical holiday waterfront lights from 65 feet in the air. Tickets can be purchased at wpb.org/events.
After the performance by Aloha Islanders, attendees can experience ongoing Holiday in Paradise festivities.
WHEN: Sunday, December 18 from 4-7 p.m.
Ferris rides from 6-10 p.m.
Sandi light shows from 7-10 p.m.
WHERE: Great Lawn, 100 N. Clematis St. (at the northeast corner of N. Clematis St. and Flagler Dr.) at the NewDay USA Stage
WHY: Holiday in Paradise was recognized in 2021 as the USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice for “Best Public Holiday Lights Display.” This Sunday on the Waterfront will be a Holiday in Paradise-inspired show, complete with tropical island dance performances amid incredible views of Sandi and Ferris.
MEDIA CONTACT: Meredith Westheimer – Moore Agency |[email protected]| (561) 213-8192 (advance and on-site contact)
PUBLIC INFO/CONTACT: Public parking is available in the City of West Palm Beach garages. The closest garages to the event are Evernia, on the corner of Evernia St. and Olive Ave, and Banyan, on the corner of Banyan Blvd. and Olive Ave.
For more information about Holiday in Paradise and other City of West Palm Beach events, please visit wpb.org/events, call (561) 822-1515 (TTY: 800-955-8771) or follow the City of West Palm Beach on Facebook @CityofWPB and on Twitter and Instagram @westpalmbch. Follow Sandi on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook @Sanditreewpb.
Holiday in Paradise presented by FPL Sponsors/Partners to date include Land Rover Palm Beach, Joe DiMaggio Children’s Health Specialty Center, Dunkin’, Discover The Palm Beaches, NewDay USA, 97.9 WRMF, SUNNY 107.9, New Country 103.1, X 102.3, PARTY 96.3, News Talk 850 WFTL, FOX Sports 640 AM, WPBF 25 News, West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority, Best Western Palm Beach Lakes, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham West Palm Beach, WPB Magazine, West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency, The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach Marriott, Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, Historic Northwest Neighborhood, Northwood Village, Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach and Florida Power & Light.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3136/772?npage=3