CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH ENGINEERING & UTILITY ROAD CLOSURES
- Southern Boulevard between Olive Avenue and Washington Road (through July 2023): One eastbound lane closure as repairs are made on road depressions.
- Monceaux Road between Dixie Highway (US 1) and Georgia Avenue (through August 2023): There will intermittent lane closures for underground utility improvements. Access to all homes and businesses will be maintained.
- Alhambra Place between Olive Avenue the dead end, and Washington Road between Seville Road and Alhambra Place (through June 2023): Motorists should be prepared for possible lane closures for sanitary sewer rehabilitation.
- Northlake Boulevard west of Coconut Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- Washington Road between Roosevelt Place and Royal Palm Road (construction extended through July 2023): Road closures as part of a streetscape redesign, including new underground utilities, sidewalks, and storm drainage improvements. Detours:
- Northbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Monroe Drive to Olive Avenue, north on Olive Avenue to Almeria Road, and east on Almeria Road to Flagler Drive.
- Southbound Washington Road traffic should go west on Almeria Road to Olive Avenue, south on Olive Avenue to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Washington Road.
EVENT ROAD CLOSURES
- North & South Clematis Streets between Narcissus Avenue and Flagler Drive, and Lantana Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and North Clematis Street (Thursday, June 8 and Thursday, June 15, From 4 p.m. until 10 p.m.): The road is closed for Clematis by Night produced by City of West Palm Beach Community Events.
- Rosemary Avenue between Okeechobee Boulevard and Hibiscus Street (Friday, June 9, 5 p.m. through Sunday, June 11, 10 p.m.): The road is closed for a street festival produced by Related Cos.
- Spruce Avenue between 18th & 19th Streets (Friday, June 9, 3 p.m. through Saturday, June 10, 1 a.m.): The road is closed for an event produced by City of West Palm Police Department.
PRIVATE PROJECT ROAD CLOSURES
- One Flagler – Chase Street between Lakeview Avenue and Okeechobee Boulevard (through Summer 2023): The road is closed for construction. The eastern sidewalk is closed for construction.
- One Flagler – Lakeview Avenue between Flagler Drive and Chase Street (through February 2024): Single lane closure due to construction. No site deliveries in the work zone.
- 300 Clematis / 301 Banyan (through December 2023):
- Sidewalk closures along site frontage on Banyan Boulevard and North Olive Avenue
- Alley north of Clematis Street closed between North Olive Avenue and the Chase Bank Plaza.
- Full closure of left-most lane along North Olive Avenue between Banyan Boulevard and Clematis Street
- 575 Rosemary Office Tower – Rosemary Avenue between Hibiscus Street and Fern Street (Monday, June 26, 9 a.m. through Friday, June 30, 4 p.m.):
- Full closure for crane removal
- American Engineering Utilities – Fern Street between Rosemary Avenue and Quadrille Boulevard (Monday, June 12 through Saturday July 1):
- Partial lane closures for milling & resurfacing work.
- Temporary full closure on Wednesday, June 14, for manhole installation.
PALM BEACH COUNTY ENGINEERING & PUBLIC WORKS ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY
- Palm Beach Lake Boulevard east of the Palm Beach Outlets/Target Store entrance (until further notice): periodic right lane closures for pole installation and underground utility work.
- Roebuck Road Bridge over Florida’s Turnpike (until further notice): Temporary lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic for bridge maintenance.
- Congress Avenue from 45th Street to south of Echo Lake Drive (until further notice): Periodic northbound right lane closure for underground utility work.
- Congress Avenue south of 45th Street (until further notice): Periodic daytime and nighttime lane closure pavement markings.
- Congress Avenue north of Presidio Place (until further notice): Periodic southbound right lane closure for FPL pole removal.
- Haverhill Road north of David’s Mack Drive (MorseLife) until further notice: Periodic northbound right lane closures for FPL pole replacement.
- Jog Road north of Okeechobee Boulevard to north of Snelgrove Way (until further notice): Periodic northbound and southbound left turn closures.
- Belvedere Road between Bristol Drive and Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound partial right turn lane closures and westbound right lane closures for pole installation.
- 45th Street west of Australian Avenue (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closures for FPL pole removal.
- 45th Street west of Corporate Way (until further notice): Periodic eastbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- 45th Street east of Northpoint Boulevard (until further notice): Periodic daytime westbound right turn lane closure for underground utility work.
- For more information about PBC road closures, contact PBC Engineering & Public Works at (561) 684-4000 or visit the Road & Bridge Construction List
FLORIDA DEPT. OF TRANSPORTATION (FDOT) ROAD CLOSURES IN THE CITY OF WPB
- Southern Boulevard (State Road 80) Bridge Replacement Project (through Summer 2023)
- Flagler Drive from Southern Boulevard to Monroe Drive is closed for reconstruction. Access will be maintained for local traffic only. Traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Traffic going north on Flagler Drive should go west on Southern Boulevard to Washington Road, north on Washington Road to Monroe Drive, and east on Monroe Drive to Flagler Drive
- Traffic going south on Flagler Drive should go west on Monroe Drive, east to Washington Road, and south on Washington Road to Southern Boulevard.
- SR 809/Military Trail at SR 882/Forest Hill Blvd Intersection Improvements (through Winter 2024)
- Project limits: 0.7-mile at and nearby the intersection of SR 809 and SR 822.
- Work includes widening, milling, and resurfacing, constructing additional right and left turn lanes, installing new 5-foot bike lanes at various locations along SR 882, improving sidewalks and driveways, installing four new signal mast arms at the intersection, and installing new signage and pavement markings.
- One lane in each direction of South Military Trail from Sunset Ranch Road to Forest Hill Boulevard may be closed from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, for utility location and FPL pole removal.
- For more information, contact FDOT at (866) 336-8435 or http://www.fdot.gov/
CITY OF WEST PALM BEACH DOCKS
- Currie Park Boat Docks and Ramps (2400 North Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Lake Mangonia Park Boat Ramps (2957 North Australian Avenue): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Clematis Street Docks (South Clematis Street at South Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
- Fern Street Dock (Fern Street at South Flagler Drive): Ramps are open daily, from sunrise to sunset.
Originally published at https://www.wpb.org/Home/Components/News/News/3448/772?npage=2